Our client is one of the biggest sheet metal subcontractors in the North-West operating from a state-of-the-art modern facility.
The equipment used is the latest and finest available in the industry providing our customers with a one-stop-shop solution supplying product painted and assembled products.
They are busy all year round and supply into various sectors including Retail, Aerospace, Lighting, Electronics and many more.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader to join our plant supporting our organisation in achieving our business goals.
We are looking for a Value Stream Leader Finished Goods – Powder Coating and Assembly.
We have created a new role overseeing our modern automated Paint Plant (two automatic lines) and our Assembly Department.
* Oversee health, safety and environment in the Paint & Assembly Department (12 staff)
* Management of section operations performance to improve productivity and reduce cost
* Leadership of a multi-disciplinary team – Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Growth.
* Championing continuous improvement in line with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, TPM, SMED
* Develop a positive culture
* You have a good understanding of Powder Coating (essential)
* Knowledge in operations management in a manufacturing environment
* Experience of working with senior management
* Proven experience of improving production efficiencies, achieving targets, implementing and managing change in a complex environment
* Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
* Proactive working style with a ‘can do’ attitude
* Computer literate
* You have an engineering background (preferred)
* 5S and Lean tools experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Company events
* On-site parking
* Day shift
* powder coating: 2 years (required)
Chadderton, Borough of Oldham
Offerd Salary0- £15,000