Trainee Quantity Surveyor
£20,000 – £25,000
Our Client, a Greater Manchester based new build and fit out contractor specialising in the UK leisure industry, are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The Trainee Quantity Surveyor will work on refurbishment and new build / fit-out contracts, often requiring major structural alterations to a high standard, working with thier clients to make the best use of their budgets.
Projects include sensitive listed buildings, shopping centre developments and airports.
* Maintain all pertinent contract paperwork on a day to day basis to deliver a profitable contract
* Monitor actual costs against projected costs
* Ensure correspondence is issued to the client to ensure contractual risks are mitigated
* Develop business relationships with both suppliers and customers as part of the ongoing development of the mechanical services team
* In conjunction with the contract managers improve the focus on delivery of profit within the business unit
Key Responsibilities of a Trainee Quantity Surveyor –
* The control and co-ordination of all installation/Service and maintenance projects documentation ensuring that all work is completed to a satisfaction of customer and company
* Communicating on a daily basis with the Project Manager / QS / Operations Director advising of any issues that have or may arise within specific projects or the supply chain
* Regularly communicating with colleagues any information relevant to them, whether technical or to do with changes in company procedure
* Acting as a co-coordinator to the project manager/ Contract manager in the carrying out of his duties
* Assist with the effective planning and utilisation of labour
* Working within the budgets set for all contract installations by maximising productivity and quality of work
* Ensuring that all paperwork is completed in a timely and effective manner
* Procurement of Subcontractors, including labour only and supply and fix
* Placing of subcontract orders, monitor progress, authorise payments, agree variations and agree final accounts
* Procure materials within cost budgets and place orders
* Monitor actual costs against projected cost budgets
Oldham, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000