Our client is a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The role of Technical Portfolio Manager is really important to us. You will be managing a team of professionals to deliver a portfolio of technical change projects to support the Chief of Technology function.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to one of our 3 sites – Cardiff, Manchester, or Reading. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Technology Delivery and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Managing a team of IT technical change professionals
* Working with all areas to CTO, develop an IT delivery capability and strategy that meets the needs of the business for a 3 to 5 year period and perform an annual refresh of the strategy to ensure it remains fit for purpose
* Drive change throughout the organization by providing high quality, consistent delivery of multiple initiatives/projects across multiple areas of CTO.
* Act as an advisor to the senior leaders within the CTO function by providing strategic direction based on thorough analyses of the problems/opportunities/challenges that impact their area's change portfolio
* Work with Group Head of Technology Delivery to develop a portfolio of change that delivers the IT Maintenance strategic plan
* Act as a trusted partner to stakeholders and work closely with them to ensure infrastructure develop ideas and deliver new products and system enhancements
What do we expect of you?
* Technology change etc; involving definition / change of Operating Models (COM & TOM)
* In depth experience of delivery of technical projects and providing services to broader business change projects.
* Project Finance controls, evidence of budgetary responsibility and control processes
* Experience of managing teams from multiple departments/disciplines
* Strong familiarity with project management financials
* Experience of working across multiple delivery organisations practising distributed development (ideally globally)
* MS Office and MS Project (or other planning tool) knowledge.
* Proficient in Agile methodologies and experience in introducing the Agile approach to businesses
* Project management qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner
What can you expect from our client?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000