Central Planning and Supply Chain Manager, Based in Altrincham, Cheshire, Excellent salary (dependant on skills / experience) with an annual bonus and career progression opportunities.
Farrat are a creative engineering and high-quality manufacturing business, specialising in vibration control, thermal isolation and precision levelling solutions. We are a forward-thinking business with a highly skilled and culturally diverse team with exciting growth plans. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Central Planning and Supply Chain Manager to take a strategic and operational lead on the supply chain and procurement functions for the business. Initially, the role will have a transformation and change focus and will be instrumental in supporting the business growth.
Full ownership of the supply chain and procurement functions, including strategy and “hands on” operational delivery. Working in a fast paced, quality driven environment.
Initial role focus:
* overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity
* Procurement of all materials which consist of (but is not limited to) metal parts; steel fabrications, pressed and cast/machined metal components from suppliers preferably from within the UK but also China, India etc.
* Continued development of the supply chain functionality within SAP B1, working closely with internal teams and departments.
* Assessment and development of business processes throughout the supply chain function
* Develop new and existing key supplier relationships and negotiate contract terms
* Manage and minimise the risks that could interrupt or affect the supply chain
* Appraisal of the last 1-2 years of purchasing to understand what we buy, how we have been buying it and what (if any) patterns are there in the pricing we obtain.
* Develop the key performance criteria for suppliers (e.g. speed and reliability of response in quoting and delivery, quality control and documentation, pricing, T&Cs, etc
* Evaluate and report on KPI’s
* Develop an approved supplier model and then appraise / approve existing suppliers and/or find newer/better ones.
* Working capital management to optimise creditor and inventory days. Manage the costs whilst maintaining quality.
* Overall responsibility for master data integrity within supply chain
* Stock forecasting
* Oversee product storage, delivery and logistics
* Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth and devise the company’s supply chain strategy
* Establish / improve pricing mechanisms and internal processes to protect and improve our margin when we are pricing projects and dealing with changes.
* Set up and initially administer a monitoring system for supplier performance.
* Make recommendations of how we can improve our supply chain and procurement.
* Experienced in a similar procurement & Supply Chain Manager role with experience of strategy and “hands on” operational delivery.
* Experience of SAP ERP system is essential.
* Preferable to have experience within engineering / manufacturing and an international supply chain.
* Able to work in a fast paced and high-quality focussed environment.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.
Farrat are an equal opportunities employer who value diversity and inclusion
WA15, Altrincham, Trafford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000