JOB TITLE: Senior Support worker
LOCATION: Sale, Manchester
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: from £11.74 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Senior Support worker for our client based inSale, Manchester.
The Purpose of the post is to supervise the work of care staff, domestic staff & cooks (under the direction of the Registered Manager), undertake the full range of Care Assistant duties and responsibilities and provide assistance to the Registered Manager/Officer to ensure that the standards of care required are achieved and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· To supervise the Care Assistants in the Assessment & Respite unit to ensure that the personal needs of all clients are met and that the duties are carried out effectively in order to improve independence.
· To undertake the full range of Care Assistant duties and responsibilities.
· To assist the Registered Manager/ Officer in the identification of training needs for Care Assistants and to participate in such training as is appropriate.
· To assist the Registered manager/ Officer in the formulation of Support Plans for individual clients.
· To identify and contribute to activity programmes for individuals and groups of clients focusing on independent living skills. 6. To maintain appropriate records under the direction of the Registered Manager/ Officer
· To liaise with residents relatives, carers and all other agencies, as appropriate.
· To undertake any other duties required commensurate with the grade of the post.
· Responsibility of the safe storage, handling and administration of medication
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
NVQ level 2 in Social Care or equivalent
The ability to undertake training up to NVQ level 3
Must hold N.C.F.E level 2 safe handling of medication or must be prepared to undertake within 3 months of commencement date.
Experience of working with adults in a reablement or residential setting.
Experience as a Care Assistant or Reablement/Home Care Worker.
Experience of Moving & Handling risk assessments.
Knowledge of individual social needs of the elderly/Adults
Ability to record information clearly
Ability to understand Health and Safety regulations
Ability to coach and mentor others, encouraging learning within the workplace and taking responsibility for the development of staff in own area of responsibility
Must be able to drive and have access to a car as the role is out in the community
Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on (phone number removed) or email
Offerd Salary0- £15,000