Senior Residential Support Worker
ROC Northwest- Residential Children and Young People Service- Lancashire Area
Hourly rates of £9.42 to £9.91 per hour
(£78.30 per sleep-in worked)
42 hours per week contract. Shift work
ROC Northwest Ltd is a private organisation that offers high quality residential care and education for children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning, Physical Disabilities and complex needs with associated challenging behaviour and young people with SEBD. We are looking for enthusiastic support care workers to work with us in providing meaningful care and support for our service users. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Your role as a Senior Residential Support Worker has the same job description as a Residential Care Worker but is expected to fulfil his/her responsibilities to a higher standard commensurate with his/her greater knowledge and experience. In addition, a SRSW may well be delegated addition tasks by his/her line manager not specified in this job description. The difference between the two post is also reflected in the salary structure.
Our team of Residential Support Workers, Seniors, Team Leaders and Managers come from all backgrounds and having a wide range of transferable skills from previous environments.
* 3 years Experience in Residential support work
* Minimum of 1 years in a Senior position (preferred)
* QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services
* Full U.K Driving Licence with own car (company car is provided during working hours)
* Able to work unsociable hours (evenings, nights and weekends)
· Friendly, passionate and caring nature- We promote an environment in which staff feel Comfortable to share opinions and views and in which the people we support live to their full potential.
· Positive-We embrace positive change which promotes an environment of greater tolerance with better outcomes for the people we support as well as our staff.
· Empowering-By empowering our staff, we are confident that each individual will be able to live fulfilling lives and employees will feel valued.
· Person Centred-We respect and value our staff, the people who use our services and recognise that by being person-centred, we create positive outcomes for all.
· Innovative-Through innovation we excel. We tailor our service provision to meet the needs of the people we support. Our staff are dedicated to providing innovative and creative support to achieve positive outcomes.
Rewards and Benefits
* Full time contracts available, 2 on 4 off shift pattern
* Competitive salary including enhanced qualified rates
* 2 week paid induction programme
* Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
* Free DBS check
* Free parking
* Free meals on shift
* Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
If you are interested in this role, please click apply!
All applications and CV’s received are reviews on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list
Wigan, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000