Leading fast fashion online business is looking for a Senior Ladies Fashion Buyer to join their head office in Manchester.
To be part of a young and high energy buying team working in a very fast paced and exciting environment. Working closely with buying, design and the merchandising teams to make effective and commercially focused decisions at a very fast pace under the management and supervision of the Buying and Merchandising Director.
* Full responsibility for the Buying strategy and direction of the brand working on a wide range of fashion clothing.
* Managing a sales budget and identifying areas of new development and growth.
* Reviewing performance against the sales budget on a weekly basis and reporting findings to MD
* Assessing sales on products within the category and highlighting slow moving lines to understand why these are not selling and deciding on what to do moving forward
* Analysing historical sales and conducting SWOT analysis.
* Managing supplier relationships in China, attending trade shows and inspirational / comp shops
* Working with customers in the UK and US
* Source, develop, manage, review, appraise and improve product ranges in line with brand ambition, customer and market trend.
* Manage the pricing strategy including competitor bench-marking, negotiating costs and quantities with suppliers, ensuring intake margin is met or exceeded whilst meeting customer expectation on price and quality.
* Working closely with internal departments including Design, Garment Technology and Merchandising to ensure sales and customer satisfaction
* Approve products for design, construction, quality and packaging, ensuring they adhere to the brand guidelines.
* Category review to ensure the product ranges are up to date and assess general stock refreshing categories with new lines in the market
* Develop packaging concepts with in-house design team / approval sign off for all artwork.
* Work closely with Quality Assurance Team to ensure product compliance to relevant safety and testing standards.
* Showroom Management of buying categories.
* Plan and develop trade shows through, sampling and set up.
* Look at alternative sourcing countries to support offering currently from China
Skills & Experience:
* Experience in buying womenswear clothing, multi product and non clothing preferably in a fast fashion environment.
* Understanding of the WSSI by close cooperation with the buyer and merchandising team.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong Excel skills
* Excellent communicator, will be required to communicate internationally and across regions on a daily basis
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000