With the continued expansion of our award-winning technical services company, Sudlows, who have multiple offices throughout the UK & EMEA, have a growing portfolio of customers and a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced, driven & enthusiastic Structured Cabling professional.
The successful candidate will work alongside fellow designers/estimators, key account managers, partners & manufacturers in the production of detailed and accurate connectivity estimates and proposals for traditional design & build projects throughout the UK. You will be required to work on a broad variety of minor and major projects, across most sectors including commercial and industrial focusing specifically on Structured Cabling, Conventional & Blown Fibre installations.
• Utilise existing practical & theoretical knowledge to produce accurate cost estimates for specific projects whilst considering the various types of buildings & installation requirements.
• Taking quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities to produce competitive & accurate tenders.
• Utilise our specialist estimating software & tender management suite of documents to produce detailed cost estimates for product & services.
• Present your cost estimates to senior management & produce the final client facing documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information.
• Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system.
• Production of client issued documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information.
• Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
• Control & manage your enquiry workload in line with KPI’s & deadlines.
Preferable Personal Qualities
• Building Services Engineering training/experience in similar role
• Estimating/bid presentation experience in the enterprise services sector or similar
• Ability to read and clearly understand emails, drawings and specifications
• Very good with English & Mathematics
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
• Computer literate with experience of standard Microsoft packages incl. Excel
• Methodical forward thinker and planner
• Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiasm
• Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
• Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
• Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
• Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
• Approachable and good interpersonal skills
• Creative mind – thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
• Takes full accountability for performance and professional development
• CAD experience or experience with other specialist software programmes
• Highest Standards: Consistently demonstrates that only the best is good enough, and demonstrates positive attitude towards continuous improvement and passion and pride about own work
• Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collects first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
• Driven: Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes. Is highly motivated and has a good work ethic. Is enthusiastic tenacious and determined
• Operational Excellence: Plans and organises themselves to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently
• Communication: Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people, who can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others. Makes communication a priority so there are no surprises
• Smart: Is able to perform consistently under pressure, think quickly and adapt to different situations
• Honesty: Behaves with integrity at all times
• Problem Solving and Decision Making: exercises straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
• Personal Development: Actively pursues own personal development
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000