Self Employed Council Tax Enforcement Agent
Uncapped Commission with realistic earnings of £40k+
Full Training Provided
Marston (Holdings) Limited are the UK’s largest provider of transportation and enforcement services. With more than 5,000 staff, 170 offices and 23 car pounds, we deliver a comprehensive range of design, build and enforcement solutions to more than 1.8 million postcodes across the UK. We work in partnership with 280 local authorities nationally providing services such as debt recovery, parking enforcement, civil traffic enforcement, road tolling and charging, penalty charge notice processing and recovery, and sundry debt recovery.
We are looking for confident, professional individuals who are interested in engaging with us as a Self-Employed Enforcement Agent (Bailiff). Through our accredited Enforcement Agent training programme, you will receive all the knowledge required, including relevant legislation and industry regulation, to become a successful Certificated Enforcement Agent.
In this diverse role you will be collecting outstanding monies owed to local and central government clients relating to Council Tax, Business Rates, Road Traffic Offences, Bus Lane Contraventions, Child Maintenance Arrears and more.
As a field based Self-Employed Enforcement Agent, you will make home visits to Customers with the aim of collecting payment in full or negotiating a suitable payment recovery plan. To achieve this, you will provide a professional and understanding service, taking full consideration of the Customer’s financial circumstances and current situation. You will deal with every case in the strictest confidence and actively encourage Customers to discuss their case with us to find a mutually acceptable arrangement, whilst adhering to the Credit Services Association (CSA) and Civil Enforcement Association (CIVEA) Codes of Practice, aiming to provide a fair and open service to both public agencies and Customers.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
* The ability to achieve and maintain high ethical and professional standards.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds.
* The ability to recognise and act appropriately when dealing with vulnerable customers.
* Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to identify appropriate repayment terms for the individual customer.
* Self-motivation and a drive to achieve the best outcome.
* Effective organisational skills
* Adherence to industry standards and guidance
* A full UK Driving Licence is essential
Interested? – Contact us now to find out more
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000