A leading supplier of housewares in an accessible Manchester location are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technologist (Housewares) to join their growing team. The main purpose of the role is to proactively work with buyers and merchandisers to ensure critical path deadlines are met in relation to test reports, instruction manuals etc, and customer gold seal approvals and to ensure selected products comply with all relevant testing standards.
* Free parking
* Staff discount on product
* Career progression
* Create and maintain technical files for relevant product areas to ensure safety of imported products.
* Technically assess products in relation to the general product safety regulations and the required industry standards.
* Keep track of the internal master trackers for orders placed and outstanding job required including pre-shipment inspections & Gold Seals.
* Ensure product specifications are up to date and have the required details.
* Correspond with major retails in relation to product selections and their requirements on technical specifications and complete documentation and/ portals in required time frames.
* Research and advise testing requirements on all products within given product categories.
* Liaise with external testing labs with regards to testing as required, to ensure products comply with current legislation.
* Submit products for testing and ensure testing is maintained with 2 year time frame.
* Liaise with Far East agents and factories on given product areas.
* Create instruction manuals as required for products, ensuring any legal requirements are included.
* Check and sign of artwork in relation to product claims and legal requirements.
* Work alongside Technical Manager.
* Ensure factory details are known and logged for all products produced.
* Liaise with the Buying Teams and QA Director to ensure factories are audited.
* Support Customer services in relation to complaints and investigations in an efficient manner as received.
* A good level of product knowledge especially within Housewares product areas such as Crockery, Cutlery, knives, cookware, bakeware, kitchen textiles, Kitchen accessories & BBQs.
* Computer literate with keyboard skills.
* Have knowledge of using Word, InDesign, paint or Illustrator in order to produce product Instruction Manuals.
* Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open minded approach.
* Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
* Willingness to work together in a team and help others.
* Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities as required.
* Good communication skills.
* Able to set own priorities.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000