An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager in the Delivery team at Trafford Housing Trust. Reporting to the Development Manager, the main responsibilities of the role include:
* Leading on competitive tendering exercises complying with standing orders and demonstrating value for money.
* Working with the New Business (NB) team, negotiate construction contracts to deliver best value for money in line with THT’s standard ER’s and specifications.
* Working alongside the NB team to enter in contract with contractors, as well as overseeing the formal appointment of consultants, Solicitors, Valuers, site investigation reports, site surveys etc. in line with OJEU and THT’s procurement policy and procedure
* To compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
* To oversee with the NB Team the preparation of design work and the planning process for new developments
* To agree a clear project strategy with both Sales and Neighbourhoods Teams to ensure direct involvement throughout the Project.
* To have a detailed understanding of the legal requirements of construction projects such are section agreements, internal transfers between entities, commercial leases agreements, planning conditions and compliance with warranty providers and Building control.
* Leading and managing the Project Team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of the project.
* Ensuring that all Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards. Monitoring and reporting both throughout the duration of the project and reporting changes in line with agreed parameters and offering challenge and interrogation to costs safeguarding the Trust at all times.
* To negotiate and agree contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and cashflow forecasting with contractors and align with internal reporting procedures.
* To establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files at the start of each scheme. Ensure that all necessary systems and performance measures are updated with relevant information for use by Senior Managers and other areas of the business.
* All aspects of Health and safety on site and reporting requirements. Management of the appointed consultants.
* To actively manage, report and react to all Risks associated with the Project.
* Ensuring compliant handovers of all properties, manage transfer of responsibilities to Aftercare.
* Maintaining effective strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders; Liaison with Consultants, Solicitors, Valuers, Local Authority, Homes England Officers, Contractors and Developers plus internal departments including New Business, aftercare, sales, neighbourhoods and assets
* To be commercially aware and sensitive to changes in the market driving profitability by controlling build costs and programmes.
* To prepare and maintain scheme appraisals and cashflow forecasts within the parameters of annual budgets, forecasts and targets.
* Financial management of projects, including coding and payment of invoices and monitoring of cashflows to ensure they remain within approved budgets
* To undertake contract management and administration, including attendance at site meetings and progress review site visits
* Monitoring and reporting on the risks associated with schemes
* To maintain and update records on an ongoing basis in line with the THT procedures.
* Preparing written reports for approval by Executive Directors and/or Board of Management
* To prepare/obtain and complete the input of all information required for the Homes England IMS system for scheme with grant funding attached.
* Preparation of files for audit and for submission to lending authorities in accordance with THT’s and funders requirements
* To assist in the preparation of bids for funding within agreed timetables
* Working with leasehold teams to provide relevant information for creation of management companies or procurement of management agents.
It is essential that the candidate has the following:
Project management skills, strong command of MS Office, excellent verbal and written skills. Strong negotiation and communication skills required.
Ability to use cashflow software and experience of monthly reporting required.
Ability to problem solve and effective decision making.
Significant experience of working with varied contractors and challenging schemes on site is essential.
Ability to effectively manage multiple mixed tenure schemes on site and proven ability to deliver on time and to budget.
Significant experience in a similar role with a Registered Provider or Private Sector Housebuilder is required.
Project Management and/or construction experience in a related role
It is desirable that the candidate has the following:
* Degree level education
* Formal Project Management qualification(s) is desirable but not essential if relevant skills and experience criteria met.
A valid driving licence and access to a car is also an essential requirement of this role.
Closing date: 9th June 2021 (however we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive enough applications or if we find the right candidate)
M33, Sale, Trafford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000