Production Department Supervisor – night shifts
Attractive salary available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Department Supervisor to join a specialist manufacturer of high quality products for the automotive industry. This is a fantastic opportunity based in the North West offering an attractive salary & benefits
Duties & responsibilities
* Ensure that all members of staff are trained to the appropriate level.
* Ensure shifts are setting up machinery and plant as required.
* Monitor and record shift production, question any reductions and provide extra training where required.
* Be an integral part of commissioning of new plants.
* Learn all aspects of new plant operations and train all staff members on this prior to plant production.
* Assist the production and plant managers as required.
* Oversee and where necessary assist in the making of slurry, forming of pads, safe loading and unload of pads into the press and all quality checks.
* Oversee and take responsibility for ensuring all quality control tests are done and recorded.
* Ensure pressed pads are boxed and correctly labelled before putting into stock.
* Ensure all shifts are doing required cleaning, wash down and maintenance checks of equipment in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure adequate PPE is worn in the area at all times.
* Take reasonable care of your own Health & Safety and that of others in line with the Health & Safety Policy.
* Ensure others conform to COSHH and safe working procedures and ensure operators.
* Ensure all paperwork is fully completed by all shifts.
* Ensure handover of shifts is taking place and all relevant information is being passed between teams.
* Report any problems in a timely manner to Production team leader / manager.
* GCSE A – C (Maths and English, Science) – Essential
* Apprenticeship and Relevant Vocational Qualifications would be an advantage
* Previous experience in Process Plants – Chemical Process would be an advantage
* Past experience of plant breakdowns with the ability to deal with any reoccurring maintenance issues
* Experience with automated processes
* Quick Learner with the ability and aptitude to train others
* Mechanical instrumentation or electrical experience an advantage
* Be able to demonstrate previous experience of managing a team
* Computer Literate
OL6, Ashton-under-Lyne, Borough of Tameside
Offerd Salary0- £15,000