Company: A leading packaging and graphics agency.
Role: You will be responsible for processing customer supplied artwork in order to achieve the best possible print quality, whilst ensuring that reprographic outputs comply to quality standards and customer requirements.
The Pre-Press / Packaging Artwork role is assigned to work as part of the studio team, with a wider responsibility for working with the client service and quality control teams.
You will be responsible for using artwork and reprographics software suite to meet customers high standards and play a key role in the ability to create some of the very best flexographic printing plates in the world.
* Creating packaging artwork following brand guidelines and/or design requirements
* Developing artwork in line with print production constraints
* To follow standard operating procedures in relation to artwork creation, artwork reprographics and the output of printing plate TIF files
* Work closely with the client services team to fully understand job briefs and customer requirements
* Work directly with customers where required on approvals, amends, artwork, repro and plates
* Identify and resolve any quality issues, taking any necessary action to prevent recurrence
* Identification of any issues affecting workflow to the digital production manager at the earliest opportunity
* Full and accurate completion of both the work ticket and company databases throughout the workflow
* Work in-line with quality control measures on colour matching, print quality, etc.
* Experience creating technical packaging artwork to a high standard
* FMCG packaging experience
* Adobe Creative Suite skills
* Previous experience of working in Packz or ArtPro – desirable
* Knowledge of print processes and/ or previous experience of working in the flexographic print industry
* Good knowledge of artwork, pre-press and/or print reproduction procedures
* Composure to work under pressure whilst maintaining full attention to detail
* Ability to follow standard operating procedures and work to tight deadlines
* Experience in using customer relationship management (CRM) systems is desirable, although training will be provided.
Please email your full CV details to us. All applications are strictly confidential, and your details will not be shared without your consent.
Key words; artwork / artworker / repro / repro artworker / mac operator / packaging / print / branding / illustrator / pre-press / Adobe CS / pre-press operator / pre-press technician / studio technician / studio artist / Esko / ArtPro / FMCG
Offerd Salary0- £15,000