Loss Prevention Officer
Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which includemanned guarding, reception services,mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, andsecurity systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2011, 2013 and 2014 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2013 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer and abide by the ‘Working Time Directive’.
Job Title and Location:
Loss Prevention Officer – Manchester, M1
Able to promote and teach loss prevention awareness within store to reduce shrinkage. Able to take an active role using initiative to engage, inspire, lead colleagues and staff members and review reports to assess potential risks, reacting accordingly. Must promote importance of loss prevention/customer service within store developing the team’s awareness and engagement with shopping centre’s police to develop effective loss prevention actions to mitigate risk.
Start Date – Immediately
Hours Per Week – 30+ per week
Rate Of Pay – £9.10 per hour
Located in our client’s store within Manchester M1. The Loss Prevention Officer will be responsible for the loss prevention team.
Working days, including weekends (1 weekend off in every 3 weeks, operational requirements dependant). The ideal candidate will be flexible to cover all shifts that are required. Earliest start 10:00, latest finish 22:15hrs
This position involves searching of staff and customers when required and maintaining professional standards and relations within the retail environment.
Ensuring daily operational store requirements are met, with the highest level of customer service provided.
Assist in arrest situations and emergencies, liaising with the police, whilst providing a professional service at all times.
* To act as a security deterrent on the shop floor.
* To protect staff and customers from verbal and physical abuse.
* To help protect stock and deter shoplifters.
* To help provide a safe and secure environment.
* Must be smart, reliable and flexible.
* Must have an excellent understanding of ASCONE and PACE and be able to teach this to store teams.
* Encourage, arrange and manage regular security meetings with store staff and management to increase a customer service ethos to reduce store loss.
* Lead, develop and maintain standards of all loss prevention officers in store.
* Attend monthly security meetings with the centre and report back to the regional team and store management with key points.
To be suitable for this role you must meet all of the following criteria:
* Be smart and well presented at all times
* Have an SIA Security Guard or Door Supervisor licence (Having a CCTV licence is an added bonus)
* Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
* Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Be able to provide the highest standard in customer service
* Have previous experience in the retail security industry
* Be flexible and reliable to meet the role requirements
* Have a calm personality capable of controlling difficult situations
* Be able to demonstrate an understanding of A-S-C-O-N-E and P.A.C.E.
* Have the ability to make arrests or deter crime dependant on the store policy
* Be able to work without supervision and also as a member of a team
* Have a full five year checkable work history and required documentation to be vetted
Documentation that must be provided by the applicant upon request:
* SIA Licence(s)
* Passport or full birth certificate
* Visa (if relevant)
* Bank Statements with account number, sort code and address
* Proof of address (such as a utility bill)
* Proof of National Insurance Number
* Details of 2 personal references (that must not be relatives or live at the same address)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
Related Jobs (466)
Class 1 Driver ADHOC Temp Ongoing on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Mig Welder on 21/03/2023 Full Time
C+E Driver / Class 1 (Trunking) on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Class 1 Driver Temp to Perm New Passes Considered on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Skilled Labourer on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Asbestos Surveyor on 21/03/2023 Full Time
EICA Design Engineer on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Self Employed Council Tax Enforcement Agent on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Machine operative on 21/03/2023 Full Time
Warehouse Operative Nights on 21/03/2023 Full Time