My client based in Royton, Oldham are looking for experienced Logistics Planner to join to their team.
As Logistics Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating the processes between the supplier and the warehouse to ensure smooth and efficient logistical processes are maintained.
* Work with Warehouse Manager/Supervisor to review order book and determine logistical requirements.
* Plan routes of drivers to ensure efficient delivery schedules.
* Plan bulk loads with third party haulier partner.
* Plan cost efficient logistics routes for smaller deliveries.
* Working with warehouse to ensure loading requirements are processed correctly.
* Responsible for booking and shipping of stock onto the internal and external systems.
* Full communication with the HGV drivers.
* Complete future retail shipping plan.
* Arrange collections for export customers.
* Arrange for waste collections.
* Liaising with other functions for distribution needs as required.
* Additional tasks as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Proven experience as logistics coordinator
* Previous Import experience would be an advantageous.
* Experience in customer service will be appreciated.
* Knowledge of transport laws, regulations, and ISO requirements.
* Experience of international export.
* Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes.
* Working knowledge of logistics software
* Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience of booking deliveries with Palletways/TNT/Fedex desirable.
* Fluent in Excel, Sage200 and GeoPal advantageous.
Hours of work are 8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri. Salary is paying up to £25,000.
If you have the relevant experience, please contact Jo Piper
OL2, Royton, Borough of Oldham
Offerd Salary0- £15,000