We are working with a well established and forward thinking M&E contractor who are looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager to join their Project Delivery team.
Working alongside a Senior Project Manager, the ideal candidate will have previous mechanical experience working within the MEP industry. You will be given mentoring and stewardship to develop your career into Project Management.
You would have come from a mechanical engineering background who is looking for the step up to project management with a forward thinking contractor.
* Input at tender/cost planning stage including evaluating M&E Consultants specifications and tender drawings
* Prepare tender lists for specialist sub-contractors and major plant/equipment/HVAC/ Plumbing
* Analyse bids and quotations for specification compliance
* Raise technical queries RFI's
* Delivery of Construction issue co-ordinated working drawings to programme
* Checking and sign off of Co-ordinated working drawings for compliance, maintainability and commission prior to issue
* Delivery of plant and equipment to meet programme (incl factory witness testing) * Raise and agree technical submissions
* Management of design team to meet their obligations (organising / chairing design workshops)
* Liaison with Construction team members (incl site inspections)
* Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure order completeness, spec compliance and interface with electrical and construction elements
* Management of CDP Specialists such as Sprinklers, BMS etc
* Engineering of Contractors responsibilities such as fan / pump sizing, bracketry, expansion etc
* Preparation and monitoring of Client and design changes
The ideal candidate would need an NVQ in Mechanical engineering/Plumbing or and HND/HNC in a construction related subject.
The organisation are based on the North West side of Manchester and need someone who is able to commute to the business and to and from sites.
If you are interested in this role please apply to Jack Birks at PSR
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000