Degree qualified in IT or a related subject, or equivalent IT related qualifications. This role requires a capable 1st/2nd line support person with a solid knowledge of hardware and software systems including MS Window 7/8/10 and MS Office, experience of using MS-Office 365, 2013.
You will act as the first point of contact for IT support requests and be responsible for improving the customer service experience for internal staff. You will undertake all call logging and administration of IT support as well as organising the procurement of consumables.
Assisting the IT Manager, you will ensure the day to day queries are dealt with quickly and effectively by providing the first line of response, escalating issues that cannot be resolved to third party IT vendors and/or the IT Manager according to company protocols.
Based in Bolton, candidates must be able to work flexibly and travel to various site locations, therefore candidates must hold a full driving licence.
Basic salary £22,000 to £25.000 depending on experience, plus annual bonus, non-contributory pension, 34 days holidays, exceptional benefits package, and career development.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, over the phone or in writing.
* Ability to troubleshoot and analyse IT problems, plan, and prioritise workload, previous experience of supporting users in a helpdesk environment.
* Able to setup and install new software and hardware.
* Working in an IT customer role with strong problem solving skills
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Able to take a proactive approach to user’s enquiries, be flexible and accommodating.
* MS Windows 2008 File Server Systems highly beneficial
* Capable of lifting computer equipment safely and in line with the business H&S policies.
* Microsoft technology qualifications such as MCP, MCSE
* ITIL qualification
* Experience of using an electronic helpdesk system.
* Experience of purchasing and liaison with 3rd party organisations.
* Previous experience of working in a financial sector.
* Experience of supporting a VOIP system.
* You will be the first point of contact for all IT queries and a passion for investigation and resolving technical queries.
* Logging all calls on the existing system and assist the IT Manager to improve the call logging process and the customer experience.
* Assist with IT problems including resolving hardware or software issues.
* Escalate complex problems to third party contractors and or the IT Manager.
* Able to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
* Support users in the use of IT equipment by providing necessary advice and liaise with external technical support organisations where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
* Order computer consumables and dispose of extinguished toner cartridges.
* Ensure that agreed IT support targets are met and quality standards are achieved.
* Assist in the development of robust IT processes to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers.
* Maintain and update the IT equipment audit register on a regular basis.
* Setup and Install new PC systems and peripherals
34 days hols, bonus and bens
BL1, Bolton, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000