The IT Business Analyst will pro-actively communicate and collaborate with the business, project team and stakeholder(s) throughout the project lifecycle identifying business needs and documenting these using the industry standard best practices (Technical and Functional user stories, use cases, UML diagrams) so that they can be developed by IT solutions providers.
* Contribute to the Project Working Group to ensure that the correct business requirements are captured in line with the project objectives.
* Work with the Solution Architect to ensure that they are able to accurately estimate the business case.
* Create functional and technical user stories aligned with the sequence diagrams and technical design.
* Work with the business SME’s to create user stories and ensure that they map back to the business requirements.
* Work with this Solution Architect to ensure they fully understand the scope and functionality of the User Stories to enable them to create the solution design
* Responsible for ensuring that the development team fully understand user stories and acceptance criteria.
* Responsible for writing the acceptance criteria for each user story and ensuring that they are signed off by the business prior to starting development.
* To understand and document complex business rules ensuring that any changes in the future do not impact existing rules/functionality.
* Support prototyping and agile-based design by ensuring the design remains aligned to the agreed requirements.
* Act as Product Owner during the daily stand ups to ensure that any queries raised by the delivery team are resolved in a timely manner throughout the delivery lifecycle.
* Responsible for delivery of Show and Share’s with the business during each sprint and capturing outcome and feedback from the business.
* Support UAT ensuring that all bugs are accurately logged, understood and prioritised by the development team.
* Support production releases, conducting post implementation verification to ensure quality of delivery into our production environments.
* Working with various third parties to integrate applications into our core systems.
* Adhere to the Change Delivery Framework.
* Adhere to the IT Change and Operational Standards Policy.
* Provide Application support to all core applications – dealing with any production issues/queries and ensuring that any bugs are logged and prioritised for fixing based on business priority and impact.
Essential skills and experience:
* Ability to plan, design and lead workshops
* Comprehensive understanding of structured business analysis techniques.
* Excellent presentation, written and communication skills.
* Stakeholder management and ability to challenge where appropriate.
* Ability to communicate complex business and technical requirements to delivery team.
* Ability to work as part of a project team.
* Ability to work on multiple projects/programmes of work.
* Highly organized, with a flexible approach to work, and the ability to multi-task effectively and work as part of a project team.
Nice to have skills and experience:
* Previous experience of working with an off shore IT Delivery model.
* Previous experience of working as a Business Analyst in an Applications delivery team in Financial Services Industry.
* Experience in the UK mortgage market.
* Experience working in an Agile and Waterfall delivery environment.
* ISEB diploma in Business Analysis or working towards it
Offerd Salary0- £15,000