Our client are a North West based construction, refurbishment, fit-out, and maintenance contractor who work across a diverse range of sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Education, Social Housing, Retail and Leisure.
Due to an upturn in workload, they are looking to develop further, and feel it is the right time to offer their own professional Interior Design Service.
This is an amazing opportunity for a qualified, experienced Interior Designer to join an established company as its first interior designer to assist in the development of existing markets, together with the residential market, specialising in High-End residential fit-outs.
You'll be responsible for developing and supporting professional interior design services in planning, developing, and coordinating projects from the pre-design phase to the completion of construction documents.
Our client has multiple live projects in various stages of completion, with a strong pipeline of work ahead.
Based in their Wigan office, you will lead the development of their Interior Design Service for the residential market as well as their very strong commercial market. As the sole Interior Designer, you will need to have the experience of designing multiple residential and commercial projects and possess strong attention to detail.
Duties to include:
* Provide conceptual design, design development, and production drawings of interior projects.
* Produce space plans, bespoke furniture, and standard furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finishes design presentation documentation, detailed specifications, and construction documentation, including mood boards.
* Review pricing, material, and value engineering for projects.
* Incorporate sustainable design measures as applicable.
* Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives.
* Presenting designs, including putting together sketches, mood boards, and sample materials.
* Provide technical design support to projects under construction, when required.
* Furniture Fixtures & Equipment design, specification, and procurement
* Work from design briefs.
* Providing interior design advice to residential and commercial clients
* Site visits to meet with clients and contractors and monitor progress/accuracy of builds/renovations.
* Identify any long lead-in items early and schedule accordingly into the ordering process.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
* Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience working on residential and or commercial projects, on the Contractor's side.
* Strong AutoCAD and conceptual sketching/drawing experience.
* Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment specification, and procurement experience.
If you're interested in this excellent opportunity then please apply with an up-to-date CV
WN6, Shevington, Borough of Wigan
Offerd Salary0- £15,000