To manage a book of business of existing clients and develop a pipeline of new business in relation to commercial insurance, whilst ensuring full FCA compliance.
To generate revenue for the business and ensure a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
Insurance Broker Account Executive
Extensive knowledge of most commercial products
Previous experience working as an Insurance Broker Account Executive role or Senior Account Handler role in a similar broking environment
Experience of dealing with clients at face to face meetings and over the telephone
Building strong and sustainable working relationships
Proven track record in sales and achieving growth in commercial insurance
Confident and expert communicator
Self managing and ability to organise own workload
Effective diary management
Cert CII qualified, working towards or motivation to qualify
Diploma in Insurance
Duties and responsibilities: Insurance Broker Account Executive
Key Performance Indicators:
* Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved (new business, renewals, cross selling, renewal/retention ratio and overall profitability) and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation.
Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer:
Prospect new leads
Client visit/initial contact
Identification of needs
Negotiation and presentation to insurers in order to secure most appropriate cover for the client
Presentation of recommendations and cover to the client
Closing the sale and ensuring cover is on risk
Securing cross selling business and referrals
Monitor own sales performance in line with targets and effectively manage the client portfolio
When transacting business, be conscious of profitability to both the underwriters and the brokerage, and costs of client handling (including the scheduling of client visits).
Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the compliance manual – use checklists and support documentation as provided by the company to assist with demonstrating compliance.
Handle any complaints in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
Liaising with the Account Handler when applicable
Be aware of the contents of the company’s Compliance Manual and ensure a full understanding of the following chapters, as a direct relation to the role. Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Manual:
Consumer business (if applicable)
General conduct of business
Training and Competence
Conflicts of Interest
Firms client money permission
Ensure compliance to the company’s employment policies and procedures as contained within [the Employee Handbook].
Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
Where appropriate take responsibility for meeting the reporting requirements of the FCA
Where required ensure staff are adhering to FCA compliance. Perform regular file and sales audits.
Treating Customers Fairly:
* All employees are responsible for engaging with the senior management of the firm in ensuring that our customers are consistently treated fairly and for observing all of the firm’s TCF procedures.
* Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
* Attend supervision sessions, team and management meetings as appropriate.
* Attend in house training and external training courses as agreed.
* Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
* Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
* Assimilate all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
* Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act (2018) and Company policies.
* Work at all times within strict confidentiality guidelines and the principals of the Data Protection Act (2018) and Company policies.
* Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to [NAME].
* Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with company procedures.
* Maintain all computer and paper files in accordance with company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
* Ensure the Health and Safety manual is followed and the office is kept clear and presentable, clear of obstructions at all times, ensuring that all deliveries, parcels, post and messages are given to the appropriate person promptly.
* Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
* Extensive knowledge of most commercial products
* Previous experience working as an Account Executive role or Senior Account Handler role in a similar broking environment
* Experience of dealing with clients at face to face meetings and over the telephone
Building strong and sustainable working relationships
Interested Please apply
BL2, Bolton, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000