We are looking to recruit a temporary Employment Services Assistant for a 12 week temporary contract ( with the possibility to extend for the right candidate depending on performance)
· Start – as soon as possible pending arrangements for hybrid working
· 35 hours per week Monday to Friday ( core hours (Apply online only)) – the team are currently working remotely and as restrictions lift in-line wih Gov guidelines we will start to make a return to the office on campus. To be considered for the role candidates must be aware that there will be requirement to work flexibly on campus and at home in the future.
Here are the details of the role:
I am looking for committed professionals to work as Employment Services Assistants within the HR Services Team to provide an effective and efficient HR service to its employees across the University.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates looking to build on their previous HR experience within a dynamic and world class institution, which is going through an exciting period of change and transition.
The role will be responsible for providing comprehensive HR support to the University and will cover a full range of administrative duties, including but not limited to:
· Full employee life-cycle administration
· New starter legal working checks
· Drafting of employment contracts and employment change letters
· Updating of the University's HR systems
· Providing first line HR support to employees and their managers
The Employment Services Team work alongside specialists within the wider HR Team; including the HR Business Partners, Payroll, Recruitment and the HR Systems Team.
Our ideal candidate would be:
· A strong administrator with knowledge and experience of working within a busy HR team, motivated and resilient to deal with a busy work environment
· An excellent communicator (both verbally and in writing) who understands sensitivity and confidentiality surrounding HR practice
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (and previous experience using the HR system ResourceLink would be advantageous)
· A collaborative team player who promotes a positive and customer-oriented attitude
· A candidate who is proactive and resilient when faced with multiple demands and can cope with shifting priorities and rapid change
· An organised individual who can multi-task in a busy environment
· Well versed in working towards Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
· Ideally would hold or be working towards a recognised HR qualification or hold equivalent HR experience in lieu of qualifications
· Experience working in Higher Education would be an advantage
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000