Head of Service & Registered Manager (Children’s Short Breaks Home)
Cheadle Hulme, near Manchester Airport, SK8 6RQ
Salary range: £44,054 – £48,948 per annum + benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week plus on call rota and flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
Holidays:Year 1 is 33 days, rising to 38 including bank holidays after 5 years
Close date: 21st June
Interview date: w/c 28th June
Seashell is a national charitable trust with a heritage that stretches almost 200 years. We support children and young adults with severe, profound and complex learning disabilities, sensory impairment and additional communication and physical needs from across the UK.We provide care and education, for children aged 3-18 years old and young adults aged 19-25 years of age.
Seashell Trust have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Head of Short Breaks Provision and Registered Manager to join our Children’s Services Team and ambitious Trust.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the post holder will lead and manage a four bedded Children’s Short Breaks service first registered in May 2020 (awaiting key inspection), and 12 children currently access this respite service.
The Home is located on one campus and sits in close proximity to our other Children’s Homes provision that consists of six dwellings within a small private cul de sac. This provision has a separate certificate of registration and sits under a separate RM.
The Registered Manager is assisted in the role by an Assistant Deputising Manager, who alongside the RM undertakes the day to day operationalsupport of the Home. There is a dedicated staffing team and cohort of Child Support Workers.
The Registered Manager will work to ensure the highest standards of care excellence and quality assure the care delivered against Ofsted’s Children’s Home Regulations, Quality Standards and any additional relevant legislation.
* Demonstrable experience and proven success as a Registered Manager working with children and young adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and challenging behaviour
* Established leadership and Care management experience in a Children’s Home Short Breaks setting
* Sound knowledge of Children’s Home Regulation and ability to translate the Quality Standards into good and outstanding practice
* Working understanding of OFSTED’s social care regulatory framework and compliances (SCCIF)
* Strong line management skills and experience in supporting staff, building effective teams including staff supervision and appraisal
* Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding legislation and procedures preferably in a designated lead role
* Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for residential childcare, equiv. or above (QCF)
* Track record of delivering good and outstanding provision against identified Key objectives and Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
* Flexible approach to work, responsive to the needs of the children & young people and their families.
* Responsive to the exigencies of the Service that includes evenings, weekends and an on-call rota
Full job description available
Pension scheme, life assurance. on site gym, employee assistance and wellbeing programmes, cycle scheme, free parking, generous holidays and lots more.
We offer good career development opportunities with performance related pay to progress your salary depending on qualifications, training and experience.
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with (17) on-site residential homes – (6) Children’s Homes and (1) Short Break Service (Ofsted) and (10) CQC registered provision for children and young adults with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities.Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
Our vision is for the children and young people in our care to be safe, happy and to achieve the best possible outcomes so that they are valued and valuable members of their communities
SK8, Handforth, Cheshire East
Offerd Salary0- £15,000