At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations' worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn't allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for our next General Manager and manufacturing lead for our two bakery sites in Bolton. Our General Manager will develop and deliver the business plan for the sites in line with the overall operations and business strategy and values with an overall objective to meet the requirements of the customer and consumer in terms of quality, quantity and safety of product.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
At the very heart of Warburtons you will be working as part of Warburtons Senior Manufacturing Leadership Team, you’ll have direct responsibility for leading the Manufacturing agenda to deliver our five-year plan through people, process and products across the Bolton & Variety Bakery Operations.
As the site General Manager, you will deliver our significant change agenda supporting our vision of being Britain’s Best Food business. This encompasses our strategy around safety, quality, service, cost and people development
You will support our engineering-led manufacturing through your expertise in lean manufacture, continuous cost improvement operational excellence and benchmarking vs best practice.
This role leads the development of the site manufacturing plan, budgets, capex proposals and projects, as well as monitoring and driving performance. It heads the site management team ensuring leadership, engagement and strong communication are effective and embedded across the site. Additionally you will sit on the National Manufacturing Leadership team creating and driving our future performance.
We never compromise on Health & Safety or Quality therefore you will be responsible to drive our Health and Safety strategy, legislation and company standards as a priority.
Cross functional working is a way of life in Warburtons and we are looking for someone with a service mentality who looks to support and work with our colleagues in commercial, distribution and the wider business.
* Significant experience at Senior Manager level with effective leadership and people management experience
* Knowledge and experience of leadership in a Blue Chip FMCG environment – in particular, knowledge and experience of continuous improvement, world-class manufacturing techniques
* A leader with experience of creating and implementing strategic plans
* Awareness of latest technology and engineering techniques applicable to drive efficiency improvements and ensure Best Practice
* Be influential, articulate and persuasive, a relationship builder- establishing credibility with both internal and external contacts at all levels
* Knowledge of legislation relating to a manufacturing environment (including employment law)
* H&S/Food Safety/food hygiene systems & legislation knowledge e.g. COSHH, IOSH
* Quality systems & knowledge of HACCP – able to ensure the sites output meet required quality standards
* Experience working with Trade Unions
* Financial acumen and ability to deliver challenging cost targets in a competitive market
This is a senior role and we offer a competitive base salary, plus;
* Annual bonus
* Car allowance
* Private medical and screening
* Family time is important to us so we'll give you five weeks annual leave with an option to purchase an additional 5 days each year
* Award winning pension plan
* Life assurance
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do
Offerd Salary0- £15,000