General Manager – Mechanical Engineering Manufacturing
£55 – 65k Basic + Car/Allowance + Bonus/Shares + Benefits
* Outstanding opportunity for an ambitious General or Operations Manager with a strong engineering background looking to develop their career.
* Market leader in design and manufacture of bespoke special purpose mechanical and automated solutions needs an experienced General Manager to improve systems and processes across the business.
* The role is is responsible for technical reviews across the business as well system and process optimization.
* This includes ensuring that production scheduling dovetails with project scheduling and implementing and overseeing ISO9001 and EN1090.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and ambitious General Manager to join a rapidly expanding manufacturer of bespoke special purpose mechanical and automated solutions.
The role is diverse and challenging, comprising of the following:
* Carrying out technical reviews in house to identify and eliminate key inefficiencies.
* Ensure production scheduling is managed in line with project scheduling, resulting in effective delivery of key projects on time and to budget.
* Implement and oversee the introduction of ISO9001 and CE marking EN1090 certification.
* Improvement and upkeep of all general systems, processes and working best practices throughout the business, utilizing technology better where necessary.
* Maintaining a Continuous Improvement culture between the technical and manufacturing departments to ensure smooth transition of projects from design through to installation and commissioning.
* Working with the Production Management to determine training needs for Process Operators and ensuring that structured training plans are followed.
* Recording, analysing, and acting upon data gathered relating to process parameters.
* Working with the Supply Chain function as technical liaison with suppliers relating to characteristics and performance of materials, ensuring that all performance criteria is agreed and documented.
The ideal person will be an existing General or Operations Manager with at least 10+ year’s engineering or technical management experience in an engineering environment. Special purpose machinery or systems applications would be a distinct advantage. You will have a track record of developing and implementing technical systems, processes and procedures (including ISO9001) in measurable operational and commercial success.
You will also have a good understanding of Mathematics and ability to read engineering drawings in the application of mechanical engineering solutions, as well as a common-sense approach to continuous improvements in manufacturing areas.
The prospects for this role include full directorship with a business which continues to go from strength to strength. If you are this sort of ambitious General or Operations Manager the please send your cv to the link provided
Car/Allowance + Bonus/Shares + Ben
Stockport, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000