This Games Studio, in Greater Manchester are looking for passionate Game Programmers to work on an unannounced AAA title alongside some of the games industry's most established names.
Their new Game Programmers will join a fast-growing, dynamic games studio to work on cutting edge technology & exciting new games for PS4 and PS5, Xbox One & Series X, Switch & PC. You'll take ownership & responsibility for developing features, work with the wider team on planning & delivery & share a passion for games. Although they pride themselves on their technical excellence, they are a creative bunch, actively generating ideas & bringing their collective skills, experiences & storytelling to their innovative creative process.
As a Game Programmer, you'll have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related Technical Degree or equivalent, have significant experience making video games & be confident with the following:
* C, C++, C#
* Design & Implementation
* Bug tracking, code reviews & documentation of work
* Estimate, break down & plan tasks whilst managing their own time & workload
* Testing, debugging & refining features & systems
* Creative problem solver
* Avid game player, able to critically analyse good / bad gameplay mechanics & suggest improvements.
* Able to contribute & feedback to the game design while building systems to facilitate efficient implementation of game mechanics.
As an advantage:
* Shipping 1 AAA Title
* Low level, optimisation, shaders, physics &/or maths
* Continuous integration & build automation
* Profiling & optimisation
* Awareness of online gameplay implications
* Console Experience
* Unreal Engine
Full remote working is available during COVID, with a blend of working from home & in-studio expected post-COVID.
Some of their benefits include;
* Flexible working hours
* Flexible lunch hours
* Discretionary bonuses
* Christmas closing
* State of the art office equipment
* Regular team lunches & socials (COVID allowing)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000