Davies Turner has an exciting opportunity to join our two-year Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme with opportunities throughout the UK.
Salary: Starting salary £18,000 – £20,000 per annum
Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme – Who Are We?
Here at Davies Turner, the largest independent Freight Forwarding Company in the UK, we manage freight from around the world, by road and rail, through the air and across the oceans. Family run and owned since 1870 we have branches across the UK dedicated to providing our customers with a full range of freight forwarding and logistics solutions.
Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme – What Will You Do?
Our Freight Forwarding Trainee programme will provide you with an opportunity to experience all elements of freight forwarding from customs clearance to imports and exports. During the 2-year programme you will spend time in our operations, logistics, and air cargo business as well as our Ocean and European departments.
This Trainee opportunity is an ideal first step on the career ladder – an opportunity to learn key skills and experience a range of development opportunities to kick start your career with Davies Turner.
Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme – A Little About You
To thrive on our programme, you will need to be:
– A self-starter and driven
– Able to take ownership of tasks with an eye for detail
– Interested in logistics and the movement of goods all over the world
– Eager to learn
– A team player
– A Graduate or A level (or equivalent) student
– Looking for an opportunity in Avonmouth, Bristol, Coleshill, Dartford or Manchester
And Even Better If You Already Have?
– Experience of working in a customer service environment (face to face/over the phone)
– Excellent computer skills
Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme – Benefits:
Benefits* for this position include:
– Starting salary for Graduates – £20,000
– Starting salary for A level entrants – £18,000
– £1,000 incremental increases subject to performance
– Up to 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
– Life Cover
– Bonus / Profit Related Pay
– Defined contribution pension scheme
– Private Healthcare
– Car Parking
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Personal development training & an industry specific qualification
– Discounted store/shopping benefit scheme
* Some benefits are subject to a qualifying period
We are offering a 2-year contract, with a permanent role and opportunities for further progress for those who are successful on the Training Programme.
Closing date for applicants is Friday11th June 2021.
Assessment centres and interviews will take place in July with the training programme starting Monday 6th September 2021.
To submit your CV for this exciting Freight Forwarding Trainee Programme role, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Davies Turner is a Top Track 250 Companies awarded by Sunday Times
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000