Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
The Finance Business Partnering Team is a key enabler for business success. Our roles are driven by providing high quality financial analysis and insight together with commercial business support to our business and Divisional FD.
We are a professional and judicious team; frequently exposed to highly sensitive Group data whilst delivering within Aldermore's fast pace environment.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports our business leaders to make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of Finance Business Partner – Retail Mortgages is really important to us. Aldermore's Mortgages businesses have grown rapidly since being established and represent the largest part of the balance sheet.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Head of Business Partnering – Retail Mortgages, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Be one of the key finance contacts for the Business, acting as a trusted partner to the Managing Director and their senior leadership teams, and ensuring a good level of financial comprehension within the Business
* Support the objectives and deliverables of the Business Partnering team, collaborating with the wider Divisional Finance teams to provide insight and control
* Provide proactive financial insight and analysis and communicating results and findings effectively to stakeholders across the Business
* Ability to influence management into a course of action with the best financial outcome, often needing to present to senior non-finance managers, conveying financial concepts clearly and persuasively
* Working with the senior leadership team across the Business, you will be required to provide financial information and support on all aspects of performance analysis, including but not limited to, budgetary management, monthly and weekly forecasting, business performance analysis, accounting and treasury management, capital utilisation monitoring and monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting
* To prepare robust forecast positions on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, working closely with the Managing Director and their direct reports. To complete the forecast in a professional manner with budget holders to ensure effective early warning of potential future problems which enable financial risk to be effectively managed.
* To support on the annual budget setting exercise for the Business, including asset projections, income and cost forecasts, coordinating the risk forecasting, challenging and supporting the business on their plans and advising on delivery of service in the most economic and effective manner.
What do we expect of you?
* CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified ideally, but PQ or QBE will be considered
* Confident, proactive self-starter with experience working in similar business partnering roles
* Commercial and analytically focused in order to deliver high quality support to the Business
* Comfortable evaluating business performance in both a strategic and commercial context
* Ability to influence and persuade across all levels of seniority within Finance and the Business
* Experience of working in financial services, especially Mortgages, is highly beneficial but not essential
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills essential, SQL and Tableau desirable
What can you expect of us?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
* A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000