The role is on a fixed term contract for 12 months.
The role is responsible for the overall management of the UKI Facilities for the three UK office sites. The role is accountable for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organisation within the scope of Facilities Management. The incumbent will work with third party service providers to ensure that best practices are followed to meet the safety and employee well-being standards by applying cost effective principles. This includes facilities management, office space layout, office administration and GAP audits.
* Manage the facilities budget for the UKI, work with our central procurement team to ensure that providers/subcontractors of facility services are in place that drive cost efficiency and deliver the services required.
* Ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and safety standards as well as internal sustainability targets.
* Manage and work with our sub contract providers to ensure building maintenance activities: cleaning, vending, fire extinguishing, electrical services, office material, facilities services (maintenance & reception) are carried out with minimum disruption to the business
* Implement supplier controls and identify innovative solutions in order to improve the cost-effectiveness and employee satisfaction,
* Manage company car fleet (more than 100 vehicles), ensuring all local legislation and driver training programmes are in place
* Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including: outsourcing team across three office locations
* Drive GAP audit process: 3 offices & more than 300 employees
* Take key part in the Zero Harm Committee: Manchester & Weybridge
* Manage all safety related actions plans which have to be carried out in the offices and with employees, including Near Miss analysis and solutions;
* Manage emergency plan in the offices, including cooperation with the fire brigades;
* Manage medical check process and employee risk profiles according to the employment safety regulations
* Oversee all building maintenance and refurbishment activities, cleaning, fire controls, electrical and plumbing services to ensure minimum disruption to the business and a high quality of support, throughout the business.
* Coordinate the office security procedures and services to include 24 hour/365 days delivery.
* Oversee catering and vending services ensuring the kitchens are stocked.
* Space management – plan the best allocation and utilisation of space and resources, including the review of furniture requirements and coordinate intra-office moves.
* Waste disposal and recycling.
* Budget management – generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
* Plan for future needs in line with strategic business objectives – develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
* Preferably degree in Facilities Management or related qualification such as project management, business management
* Health&Safety specialization
* Project Management certification
* 3 years’ experience in managing large scale facilities including team management
* Track record in successful project management
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to relate to others
* Negotiating skills
* Presentation skills
* Ability to write reports and keep records
* Work within budget
* IT Skills
As an inclusive employer, Brambles wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform your Talent Acquisition Partner of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000