Facades Quantity Surveyor (18-24 Month Fixed Term Contract).
£45,000-£55,000 (based on Pro-Rata Salary) + benefits.
Start date: 1st or 5th of July.
My client is looking for an experienced stand alone Facades Quantity Surveyor on a fixed term contract of initiallly 18 months with an opportunity to increase to 24 months.
The Manchester QS will be responsible for the measuring of contract work, the value of variation orders, interim applications, final accounts, contract claims and day to day surveying duties. They will produce a cost plan at each design stage and will manage the scope and design change in conjunction with the design team. The QS will determine and manage the risk through all stages of the project and will analyse profit and loss areas. They will be required to liaise closely with the buying team for the procurement element of the project and carry out both monthly valuations and sub-contractor valuations providing costs to complete forecasts.
* Proven experience of working on large scale window and façade manufacture/ installations developments
* Qualified or part-qualified Quantity Surveyor (RICS.ICOB) or a Construction Cost Planner/ Estimator with a background from a Window Manufacturer/Main Contractor or Developer
* Right to work in the UK
* Good English language skills both verbal and written
* Strong accomplished commercial acumen with a proven ability to deal with:
* Cost Value Reconciliation
* Profitability Reporting
* Preparation of Works Valuations
* Proven ability in Pricing variations
* Work to budgets
* Prepare and deliver proposals
* Prepare and negotiate final accounts
* Experience in presenting to and influencing groups for approval
* Ability to manage specific projects and able to interpret drawings or data that is presented to them
* Have an accomplished commercial ability
IT literate: Excel, MS Word
* MBA preferred but not essential with relevant experience
* External experience or QS/Engineering background
* Proven track record at management level
* Business knowledge
* Experience in managing different approaches and business solutions
* Tertiary qualification
* Educated ideally to HND/HNC level
Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction related studies
If you are interested please contact Lee McCormack for further information
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
Related Jobs (682)
Working Foreman on 22/03/2023 Full Time
CAD Technician on 22/03/2023 Part Time
Electrical Improvers on 22/03/2023 Full Time
Duct fitter and mate on 22/03/2023 Full Time
Design Manager on 22/03/2023 Full Time
Heritage window fitter/handyman on 22/03/2023 Full Time
Senior Quantity Surveyor on 22/03/2023 Full Time