City Site are looking for an Estimator to join a client of ours. They are one of the biggest flat roofing contractors in the UK.
You will be required to calculate and prepare tender submissions, working out what a contract will cost to deliver, whilst ensuring it returns the required profit.
* Ensure you maintain or improve upon the Company’s historic quote to order conversion ratio.
* Prepare tenders/offers in accordance with all of our procedures as set out on Estimating Information Sheets and by required return date.
* To prepare tenders/offers from architects drawings and/or site visits and detailed specifications provided by the client.
* To estimate the type and amount of materials necessary to deliver the contract against the agreed specifications and to offer any value engineering options available.
* To estimate the cost of plant, equipment and overheads.
* To estimate the cost of access, hoisting and protection with due regard to Health & Safety risks.
* To establish the likely progress an completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
* To attend any pre-order meetings arranged by Main Contractors to assist in submission of Tenders/Offers.
* To calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit and presenting a tender price.
* To liaise with Contracts Manager/Supervisor, by handover meeting, on receipt of order, to communicate pricing information of the tender.
* Transfer quote and order information to Britain.
* Prepare and submit information for O & M Manuals.
* Profit margins to be agreed prior to submission of tenders.
* Use of preferred suppliers where possible.
* Preparation and submission of tenders to be in accordance with Company’s Competition Compliance Policy dated 31 March 2001.
Incumbents need to be articulate, numerate and demonstrate competence in:
* Business Awareness
* Detail Handling
* Organising/Plant/Safety and Communication.
* General computer awareness
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000