We are currently recruiting a Shift Engineer Blow Moulding at our Manchester site to ensure that the plant, machinery and equipment meets agreed standards of performance and to comply with the company’s policies and procedures. You will work closely with your shift (Team) and the engineering department to carry out any servicing, repairs and maintenance to the excepted company standards, and to enable production on the machines to meet agreed performance standards and quality of product to be manufactured within specification.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• To ensure that you comply with the Company’s Quality Policy and Quality Manual, Procedures and Work Instructions relating to your work, and in particular, Company standards on quality, hygiene and housekeeping.
• Ensure the fast resolution of any problems, and to ensure safety, optimize machine efficiency and minimize waste levels.
• Maintain, uphold and improve plant hygiene, housekeeping to the highest standards at all times, quality standards and environmental responsibilities.
• To be flexible enough to work, out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role to work away from the site if required.
• To suggest new projects or working practices to ensure continual improvement in health and safety, quality, performance and the general functioning of the site.
• To monitor the performance of the machinery and equipment, and to be pro-active in avoiding downtime by initiating and necessary improvement measures prior to failure.
• To ensure that any routine day to day engineering tasks are prioritised (e.g. breakdowns, servicing and maintenance work) to be agreed with the Production Manager and/or Engineering Manager as appropriate.
• To work closely with your colleagues to ensure the communication of all safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety or performance standards.
• Repair any breakdown within the plant or site as requested
• To be proficient in the use of all Systems and applications which are relevant to your role.
• These duties are not 'limited' or 'fixed' and you may be required to take on additional reasonable responsibilities, as our business needs change.'
Key skills & experience:
• Time served engineer in either electrical or mechanical disciplines
• 5 years relevant experience
• HND/HNC Qualification
• IT Skills (MS Office)
• Multi – Skilled Experience
This role participates in a call out rota and involved working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working both days and nights
M17, Trafford Park, Trafford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000