To support our continued growth into 140 countries by 2023, OnBuy are seeking a confident and highly experienced DevOps Manager to join our motivated, fast-paced team in Manchester.
SALARY: £65,000 to £80,000 DOE
CONTRACT: Full-time/Monday – Friday (+ Flexi Working)
LOCATION: Manchester (Remote Based)
WHO WE ARE
Since launching in late 2016, OnBuy has become the 'fastest-growing marketplace in the world' and was recognized as the 'eCommerce Company of the Year' at the 2020 UK Business Tech Awards.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As DevOps Manager, in conjunction with our GCP Consultant Partners, you will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and migration to a GCP cloud platform from an existing bare-metal solution.
The successful candidate will also work on the analysis, deployment, and maintenance of various different systems for corporate and production usage, working with our Head of Operations and development team to streamline the full development lifecycle.
You will ensure uptime by making the right choices at all stages of the project life cycle. A good example of this would be, defining hardware needs, discussing design choices and working on optimising and improving our solutions to ensure the best possible result.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career that involves both 'hands on' technical involvement as well as the opportunity to shape and lead an ever-evolving DevOps team.
– Manage a growing team of DevOps professionals
– Liaise with the company directors regarding the acquisition of hardware, software, and human resources needed to meet the requirements of the business
– Systems analysis, development, and deployment
– Analyse the needs of the company in terms of infrastructure requirements
– Devise the best solutions (new and existing), following best practices
– Plan and implement a transition strategy for existing bare-metal to GCP migration
– Improve, optimise, and maintain the current infrastructure including reducing costs
– Monitor and maintain systems to ensure uptime, security and integrity of implemented systems, including managing out-of-hours coverage
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– Ability to lead and manage a team of DevOps engineers, ensuring targets are delivered efficiently
– Extensive knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products, services, implementation, and methodology
– A high level of Linux knowledge and experience, particularly in CentOS 7 and bare-metal environments
– A strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, NoSQL solutions
– Ability to devise and implement CI/CD pipelines and practices
– A strong determination and work ethic to find the best solution to any particular problem
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
– Remote Working / Hybrid Working Options
– Flexi Time to suit your commitments (across 37.5 hour week)
– Excellent work life balance and family friendly policies
– Competitive salaries that are a true reflection of your value
– Annual performance pay rises and bonus scheme
– 25 days annual leave (not including 8 bank holidays)
– Employee share scheme in the fastest-growing eCommerce company in the UK & marketplace in the world
– Cycle To Work Scheme
– Employee referral scheme paying up to £1000
– A casual dress code policy AKA ‘Dress for your Day’
– Limitless vertical and horizontal career progression
– An opportunity to witness the impact of your direct contribution
– Regular social events (virtual and physical when we move out of lockdown)
Could you be an integral part of the OnBuy Family? If so, we want to hear from you!
To submit your application for this DevOps Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Please note – All applying candidates must have the right to work in the UK
Offerd Salary0- £15,000