Morson Projects are a reputable multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with over 40 years’ experience across the UK and overseas. Our highly qualified engineering teams deliver capability and experience across numerous engineering disciplines, enabling the provision of complete end-to-end project management, design and delivery services to our valued long-term client partnerships. We support our clients across five key sectors: Aerospace & Defence; Nuclear; Power & Renewable Energy; Industrial & Process and Infrastructure & Transportation.
The Commercial Officer will be responsible for providing project and commercial support to all departments, acting in a pivotal role for the day-to-day management of the business. This role would be well-suited to candidates with excellent mathematics and excel skills or would be ideal for individuals who possess AAT qualifications and are looking to align their financial knowledge in a commercial context.
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
* Ensure adherence to the Commercial Process using the Commercial Process Check tracker.
* Support all Project Managers with Project Set Up process.
* Responsible for the Commercial Project Folder for each project and ensuring all project documentation is saved and stored correctly.
* Create job codes and ensure budget and order cover information is reported correctly.
* Provide ad-hoc support to Project Managers as required for project support / project reporting activities.
* Liaise directly with the client (at Project Manager's request) to resolve queries.
* Generate and maintain spend trackers / commercial trackers for larger projects as required.
* Ownership of the Automated Payroll Process for certain departments.
* Provide support to other departments using the Payroll Process (training, queries etc).
* Assist in preparation of the Finance Report ahead of the monthly charge out meeting.
* Generate charge out instructions for month end invoicing ensuring accuracy of charge rate, hours and task numbers.
* Support commercial team meetings as required.
* Identify opportunities for process improvement and work with other areas of the business on continuous improvement projects.
* Support the Commercial Manager with additional tasks as required.
* Provide holiday / sick cover for other team members to ensure all commercial team responsibilities are maintained.
The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
* Previous experience in a similar commercial or financial role
* GSCE’s A – C grade, with a minimum of Grade A in Maths and English
* A Level’s Grade A – B (Maths preferred).
* Analytical mindset (numerical calculations used daily in tasks).
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* A good team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate on all levels, to ensure all deliverables are met.
* A flexible working attitude.
* A conscientious work ethic.
* Self-motivation to enable projects to be pushed through to completion.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Full driving licence.
* Relevant experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
– 26 days annual leave across all levels plus 8 bank holidays
– Company funded professional memberships.
– Employee Assistance Plan
– High street discount scheme
– Free Parking
– Contributory Pension
– Company sick pay scheme
– Mental Health Wellbeing app
– Life assurance scheme
– Specsavers discount scheme
Irlam, City and Borough of Salford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000