The British Engineering Services Group is proud to be the UK’s leading independent Testing, Inspection and Certification business. We’re private equity backed, which means we have the flexibility and support to move quickly and grow faster than any other company in our industry. We’re innovative and forward thinking and have the awards to prove it, but most of all we’re focused on helping make sure our customers leave nothing to chance.
Our head office is based in Central Manchester and, is the home to many of our central functions. Due to a record-breaking year in 2020 (with an even stronger 2021 forecasted) and continued business growth (in both revenue and reputation) we are hiring a Sales Analyst, this is an exciting brand-new role and you will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and the Sales & Relationship leadership team to support sales planning and analysis.
Who we work with is everything to us, our relationships with customers and brokers really matter. We love working with people who think like we do and as a Sales Analyst you will be helping to develop more efficient reporting, support best practices in sales forecasting and communications – you will be the Sales and Marketing teams’ new best friend!
What will I be doing?
You will be our expert on data and statistics providing our Sales Leadership team with vital information on data analysis, planning and budgeting, and sales process optimisation, continuous improvement, pipeline development and much more.
* Develop, track and analyse key metrics – pipeline growth, actual performance against plan, success & expected achievement
* Identify trends in the data
* Analyse new business wins, and assess them against our sales performance plan
* Research and understand our market share as a whole, and by sector
* Use data to advise on sector specific performance, including exposure and opportunity
* Collect, consolidate and, generate sales forecasts (monthly and quarterly)
* Asses and present detail on the company’s performance against sales plans, and ensure all relevant parties are included
* Proactively analyse win-loss data, conversion data and retention data – reporting on the key findings to the Sales Leadership team
* Develop and deliver presentations for our sales and senior Leadership team that clearly demonstrate sales analysis, key trends, opportunities, risks, marketing activities and achievements
* Reporting and analysis for the Sales and Marketing departments including; executive reporting of sales and marketing results, key metrics and KPI’s, campaign tracking and analysis – and, ad-hoc strategic analysis
* Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and external intelligence. Recommend revisions to existing reports, and assist in the development of new reporting tools.
What are we looking for?
We’ve really set the benchmark high with our people and our Sales Team is definitely no exception! As a Sales Analyst you will be looking at the ‘what, why, future and so what?’ of the business allowing management intervention and decision making to be incorporated into these questions.
You will be statistics and data obsessed. You will be able to interpret and report on these, providing key insights into capacity, market price or exposure as well as sector analysis. We really want someone who is just going to compliment our well established Sales Team – you will be the perfect fit!
You will have an eye for detail, fantastic excel and reporting skills and the ability to make numbers make sense – not just a number cruncher! As a proficient and experienced Sales person, you’ll enjoy our changing environment as we continue to grow at an impressive pace!
You must be able to communicate confidently and effectively as you will be working with people from across our business, including our dynamic ‘hands on’ Group CEO. Most importantly, you will replicate British Engineer Services enthusiasm to deliver excellent (some might say refreshing) customer service- all day, every day.
What makes The British Engineering Services Group a great place to work?
Our people and our customers come before everything else and that will never change. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything to us.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
* A competitive salary
* A comprehensive training programme
* A flexible working approach, normally the role will be in Manchester City Centre with home working available 2-3 days per week once government restrictions are eased (you must have suitable wifi, and provide your own office set up)
* Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
* Shiny new Surface Pro
* Access to lots of discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
* The support of a superb employee assistance programme
* Up to 10% pension
What experience do I need?
We are open to different levels of experience and backgrounds but to work for us you must have the right attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do. Keeping Britain Safe. As a minimum, you will need:
* Experience in a sales and reporting analyst role
* Experience generating and consolidating sales forecasts
* Experience of producing reports, clearly demonstrating sales data and trends for senior leadership teams
* Experience of scenario modelling, and business forecasting
* A solid understanding of sales and operations planning
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics
* Unquestionable attention to detail and numeracy skills
* Excellent presentation skills (both in creation and delivery)
* The ability to communicate complex information clearly to a range of people
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process. will never change!
Please note that we are currently adhering to government advice and working from home where possible. Therefore, this role will be fully home based until government guidance is eased.
British Engineering Services, making Britain a safer place
Competitive salary, and much more
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000