We’re hiring for a CNC Machinist to operate a gear cutting / grinding machine at a leading manufacturer of gears, racks and precision machined parts. Based in Stockport, the company understand that they would not be where they are today without its excellent skilled workforce and are known for investing into their employees. You’ll play a key role in operating machinery and tools whilst complying with all quality and safety regulations.
What's on offer?
* Rate of pay: £9.15 to £12.86 per hour D.O.E.
* Hours: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday-Friday
* Full time permanent role
* Job stability
* Career progression
What will you be doing as a Gear Cutter/Grinder?
* Determining machine settings from machine instructions
* Operating manual gear cutting machines and shaping and hobbing machines
* Frequently operating multiple gear hobbing machines and shaper cutters whilst adjusting the settings when needed
* Maintaining machines and equipment and keeping workplace clean and tidy
* Following all quality and safety regulations
What do you need?
* Proven experience using a gear cutter / grinder and various other machinery
* The ability to recognise machinery and material defects, applying remedies and preventative action.
* The ability to work in a safe and productive manner
* The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Proven experience within a production / volume environment
What’s nice to have?
* Time served gear cutter
* A good understanding of H&S requirements within the workplace
If you’re interested in joining the workspace of the leading manufacturer of gears, racks and precision machined parts then we’d love to hear from you. For more information about the job role speak with Gail at KPJ Group or apply today for consideration.
KPJ Group are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy with more than 40 years of experience delivering staffing solutions. We treat each application with a high degree of care however due to the high volume of applications are sometimes unable to contact all individuals. If you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your application, please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted
SK4, Cheadle, Borough of Stockport
Offerd Salary0- £15,000