Our new client is looking for an experienced centre lathe turner to join their existing team.
The successful applicant will be an exceptional roll turner and have many years’ experience as a Centre Lathe Turner on conventional machines, between 3mtrs to 5 mtrs between centres. They must be time-served with broad experience, able to work with minimum supervision to technical drawings using a wide range of materials, from mild steels through exotics.
Main Duties include:
• Meet production deadlines ensuring that the appropriate checks have been carried out and work to ISO9001 standard.
• Machine products to Technical Drawings to high standards/tolerances.
• Manage time and machines efficiently
• Work to machining tolerances ensuring that the completed component is checked against the required specifications.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
• Time served as a Manual Machinist and having at least 5 plus years of roll turning experience in a busy sub-contract environment.
• You will have a good understanding of the best tools for the job and speeds and feeds for different tools and manufacturing processes.
• Work under their own initiative, forward-thinking and proactive, tidy.
• Fork Truck license beneficial.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
working 7am – 5pm Mon – Thurs with an early finish on a Friday. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing company in the area
plenty of overtime
Bury, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000