One of the UKs largest probate genealogist/heir hunter firms is recruiting for a Case Assistant to join its expanding Private Client team based in Greater Manchester providing genealogy services to the legal sector. In broad terms the role will be to support the case managers and their line managers so that they can perform their duties in the most efficient manner.
Below is a brief job description:
This unique and rewarding opportunity includes the following responsibilities:
• Researching family trees.
• Producing correspondence to be signed off by Case Manager
• Ordering certificates from GRO or local registrar
• Updating solicitors and other bodies (where necessary)
• Completing divorces, probate and Certainty Will searches; making payments and tracking
• Compiling interim and final reports; including computerised trees, covering letter, mailing lists, making copies of supporting certificates and agreements
• General administrative duties
• Collecting certificates from GRO in Southport whenever necessary
The ideal candidate will be degree educated, ultra-organised and possess strong communication skills including a good telephone manner. You will have basic knowledge of Microsoft systems and be able to manage large workloads working to tight deadlines.
You will also possess an exemplary sickness & punctuality record and will be a proven team player.
Ideally you will hold a UK driving licence.
There are career advancement opportunities in a growing and very successful company,
Key features of the employment terms.
Ø Hours of work (37.5 hour week) 9.15 -5.15 Monday – Friday (half hour lunch)
Ø Holidays 25 plus statutory
Ø Salary range for the role is £19,000-£21,000, paid monthly, last Friday of the month
WN1, Wigan, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000