Our client in Manchester are seeking an experienced Construction Buyer for their busy Purchasing Department.
Working amongst a team of buyers in the Purchasing Department you will be responsible for ensuring that the materials required for construction projects are provided to schedule and according to projected budgets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are continuously growing, offering great potential to progress your career further!
* Placing purchase orders
* Identifying potential suppliers and new products
* Contacting a range of suppliers to obtain quotations and agree delivery times
* Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well-organised work schedule
* Assessing the reliability of suppliers
* Closely monitoring and reporting delivery schedules to and from sites
* Collating reports and assisting in liaising with sites, suppliers and internal departments
* Processing purchase invoices
* Updating prices and general housekeeping on in-house computer system
What the employer is looking for:
* Ideally 2-3 years experience within a construction buying role
* You will need to be methodical, organised, flexible and be able to work under pressure
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office an advantage especially Excel
* Full training will be given on our in-house computer system
* Good telephone manner
Car Allowance + Package
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000