On Line people are looking for a HVAC Designer / Building Services Designer for an initial 6 month contract which is likely to be extended, based in the Manchester/Salford area.
Need a solid technical design background and experience of Building Service and HVAC design and of simple CHP (Combined Heat and Power) and heat pump installations. Proven track record required of taking conceptual designs for complex energy solutions combining multiple technologies through the design and installation phase.
* The successful candidate will take initial designs through the detailed design and installation phase.
* Responsibilities will include:
* Take a prominent role in the mechanical design of projects including LTHW, steam, gas, CHW, ventilation and exhaust systems
* Preparation of P&ID drawings
* Preparation of lists of materials for a project
* Assessing various aspects of installation including location and access.
* Utilizing in house excel programs and AUTOCAD.
* Writing equipment specifications and obtaining quotations
* Producing control philosophies and completing project specific safety assessments
* Liaise with project delivery team including electrical engineers, CAD team, project managers, structural and civils engineers
* Ensure procedures are adhered to and Projects are delivered on time to the highest quality and safety.
* Visiting sites when required during the project detailed design phase and attending technical meetings with customers
* Will be required to attend general staff meetings.
We are looking for candidates who have knowledge of CHP and energy efficiency markets. You must have demonstrable knowledge of assessment of solutions coupled with strong management and leadership skills. We are also looking for the following
skills and experience:
* Minimum degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or other relevant subject or an established background in the industry
* 10 years’ experience in a similar role
* Organised with a logical approach
* Ability to be able to work alone on projects whilst being part of a larger Mechanical design team
* Strong technical skills in energy efficient systems with direct experience of delivering CHP and energy saving projects
* A proven track record on technically leading the design of projects and delivering to agreed deadlines
* Ability to articulate complex solutions to non-technical people
* Ability to work as a team with a proactive approach to dealing with clients and / or suppliers
* Boiler house / plantroom and/or district heat design experience preferred
Salford, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000