About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas are recruiting for an Apprentice to work with Warehouse team to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Warehouse & Yard. You will undertake all activities in line with Health & Safety Legislation and complying with all Allied H&S and company policies and procedures and ensure all work and tasks are carried out to a high standard.
About the Role
You will provide a range of warehousing duties to support the business unit.
Job Accountabilities include:
* Loading & unloading of deliveries
* Packing and unpacking of deliveries/collections for projects and into and out of stock within the Warehouse
* Organising and setting out equipment for on-site operatives following requests submitted through plant and material requisites
* Checking equipment appears to be in operational order and ensuring any maintenance or defects reported have been brought to the attention of the Plant & Transport Manager
* Works will involve the Manual Handling of goods
* Responsible for contributing to the yard tidiness and general housekeeping within the Yard and Warehouse/Workshop areas. Highlighting and addressing any areas of concern to the Warehouse Supervisor/Plant & Transport Manager
* Assisting with general Transport & Warehousing administrative tasks such as scanning of plant pre-use check sheets and saving them on the Allied Management System, recording usage of gas bottles, arranging for the payment of parking fines and ensuring the Commercial Assistant is aware of charges so recovery from wages can be organised.
* Any other reasonable duties
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
* Competitive pension contribution
* 22 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
* Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
* Ongoing training, and personal professional development
* Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in working within Warehousing and be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisation skills. You will also:
* Hold a grade 4-9 in both GCSE English and Maths (Grade A-C) or equivalent
* Physically fit
* Mature in outlook
* Confident and excellent communication skills
* Practical approach to solutions (Ability to demonstrate a practical approach when faced with problems or challenges)
* Must be committed and willing to learn
* Enthusiastic and Self-Motivated
* Computer literacy would be a distinct advantage including familiarity with Word and Excel
* Excellent timekeeping, reliable and trustworthy
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
* Work experience of, or an interest in, maintenance/transport would be an advantage
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
Leigh, Borough of Wigan
Offerd Salary0- £15,000