18 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC for the duration of the apprenticeship, with the potential for a perm role upon completion)
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is a profit-for-purpose housing association with a mission to make society fairer for everyone.
Our vision is that everyone deserves a quality home that provides them with the opportunity to live a better life.Our purpose is to provide homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do. That’s why, as well as building and managing quality homes; we look after the families that live in them and their community.
What does the NW Foundation do?
Thanks to the acquisition by L&Q, THT now have the resources to make an even bigger difference. The NW Foundation is here to enhance the social impact of THT by developing and funding additional activities, projects and services to meet customer need.
We do this through supporting local community organisations, developing new internal services, and increasing our partnership working with other organisations
The Apprentice Business Administrator will work with the Team Co-ordinator to support the NW Foundation team with administration duties to ensure the smooth-running of a variety of activities. Primarily focussed on community grant making, the administrator will be customer facing, ensuring all funding applications are processed within THT’s procedures.
The successful applicant will undertake a level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship (duration approx. 18 months), to support their development and chosen career path.
The main duties of the role include:
* Administration of all the Foundation’s grant making programmes.
* Processing of all funding applications, including conducting eligibility / due diligence checks.
* Administration and attendance of the Grants Panel meetings (scheduled every 6 weeks during early evenings)
* Act as key point of contact for grant applicants and virtual committee volunteers, handling all enquiries and correspondence in a prompt and professional manner, including the management of the Customer Portal.
* Ensure grant payments are authorised, issued, and recorded in accordance with Trust procedures.
* Keeping accurate and complete records within procedural and data protection guidelines.
* Ensure that all End of Grant reports and expenditure records are returned and audited within the team in a timely manner.
* Identify and implement opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the social investment processes.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the following:
* Good standard of education, ideally a minimum of 6 GCSE’s including Grade C / Grade 4 or above in English and Maths.
* Good organisational and administration skills.
* Good communication skills, both orally and written.
* Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
* Able to work independently, as well as being a good team player.
* Willingness to learn and take on new skills
* Open to occasional evening work
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable:
* Good level of experience, and ability in the use of Microsoft Packages, in particular Excel
* Experience in collating data
* Database management
* Ability to follow systems and procedures.
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve. We especially welcome applications from THT customers and those who live in our local communities.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance with family friendly policies, and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
* Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
* Access to Westfield Health Plan
* Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Interested? If so, please complete your application. Good luck!
Please note we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward if we receive sufficient applications
M33, Sale, Trafford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000