Due to the continued expansion of our highly successful specialised engineering company, we have an exciting opportunity for a Network Designer within the Technology team. The successful candidate will be involved in the specification, design and pre installation handover of a range of physical networking technologies including but not limited to wireless access and backhaul equipment, switches and routers and firewalls as well as configuration side specifications such as IP addressing, VLANs, VPNs etc.
We have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our workforce.
The Network Designer will have a strong understanding the OSI model, a wide range of manufacturers networking equipment and networking theory, particularly at layers 2 and 3. They should also maintain a good knowledge of the prevalent standards and be willing to continually develop and learn in order to match and stay current with the changing pace of technology. As part of this role the Network Designer must also maintain a working knowledge of structured cabling systems as this is a large part of the businesses offering but also the foundations on which the active network will sit.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* To liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Estimators to ensure high quality & detailed designs & proposals are submitted in line with client requirements & Sudlows commercial expectations.
* To carry out detailed site surveys of Wireless and IP Network installations in line with company procedures to ensure a high level of accuracy & competitiveness.
* Produce detailed design packs from concept as required by Sudlows & its customers.
* Liaising with the Bid Team to assist in producing detailed Technical Tender responses & producing detailed design proposals for new business.
* Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions.
* Be the point of contact for Operations & respond to queries over scope of works and provide solutions to assist the installation.
* Support the wider design team as required and able on other design tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Demonstrable knowledge of the design of network architecture such as switches, routers and firewalls.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the design of wireless networks for both user access and backhaul technologies such as PtP and PtMP bridges.
* A working knowledge of structured cabling systems.
* Experience in producing wireless surveys based on site surveys and predictive modelling.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the OSI model, in particular layers 2 and 3.
* Experience in using a range of design tools such as MS Visio to support your design proposals.
* Experience in designing networks to support a range of applications such as Data, VoIP, IPSec, HVAC, BMS and EMS.
* Understanding and experience with networking elements such as QoS, DNS, DHCP, Radius, TACACS, SNMP and TCP/IP amongst others and how these may need to be incorporated into a network design.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation in all its forms.
* Working knowledge of current and prevalent standards relating to network architecture and wireless networking.
* Excellent customer facing manner.
* Flexible approach to working location and times.
* UK Driving Licence.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
* Industry recognised training and certification in wireless / networking such as CCNA/CCDA or above and / or equivalent.
* Juniper / MIST training beneficial.
* Manufacturer awarded training and certification in the installation and / or design of wireless networks such as Aruba, Cisco or HP for example.
* Recognised educational award at degree level of an IT related discipline.
* Proven specific experience or training in other IT / Network related areas such as Client / Server installation.
* Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
* CSCS / ECS Card
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (9210)
2021-06-09 18:45:44 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 18:47:16 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:00:07 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:03:42 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:23:57 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:25:04 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:41:03 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:11:14 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:27:52 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 22:03:06 on 29/07/2015