Senior Consultant – Sustainable Business
Our client is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. The company are appointed advisors to numerous blue-chip companies, private equity funds and lenders. They also work with a broad range of organisations from trans-national bodies such as the OECD, UNEP and the European Union, through to national governments, local authorities and business support organisations (including Scottish Enterprise, Zero Waste Scotland, WRAP).
A vacancy currently exists for a Senior Consultant to work within the company’s Sustainable Business Team. Applications are invited from candidates with a blend of technical and strategy knowledge and experience – individuals that are comfortable working with senior management teams in medium to large corporates, advising them on a wide range of sustainability aspects (e.g. linked to the UN SDGs), helping them to understand the impacts of their products and services (e.g. through carbon foot-printing), including packaging, supporting sustainable procurement activities, helping them to navigate policy developments, and hence to build business cases, strategies and roadmaps to take the business forward, potentially to a net zero carbon future.
You will be involved in a range of activities including technical delivery of projects, project management, bid management, client relationship management, and potentially line management. As part of the delivery of project work, you will need to guide Excel-based modelling, guide desktop research, and undertake practical analysis, technical report writing and delivering presentations to client teams.
You will be flexible with a strong work ethic and feel comfortable simultaneously leading and delivering a number of technical projects and bids under a degree of time pressure. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share the company’s commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected. The work may involve short term overseas assignments.
* At least five years’ relevant work experience, preferably obtained in an industrial or commercial setting – such as manufacturing/brand work or in an advisory capacity such as consultancy;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing and the ability to explain complex topics in non-technical language at all levels.
* Experience of working with senior leaders within business, identifying their key sustainability issues, communicating complex concepts and securing buy-in to new strategies;
* Good technical understanding of the various methodologies to assess the environmental impacts of businesses – such as carbon emissions, resource and water use. How these impacts might vary in different locations around the world and the regulatory and policy drivers that businesses face in Europe and beyond.
* Excellent research and analysis skills, including strong general numeracy and Excel skills.
* Experience of undertaking carbon assessments;
* Experience of undertaking ESG audit work;
* Experience working within a consultancy style business model;
* Experience of working with multi-national/global companies in relation to overseas operations; and
* A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area.
There is the option to work from home or be based at any of the company’s offices in Manchester, London or Bristol.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (9210)
2021-06-09 18:45:44 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 18:47:16 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:00:07 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:03:42 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:23:57 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:25:04 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:41:03 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:11:14 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:27:52 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 22:03:06 on 29/07/2015