Consultant (Waste Permitting & Planning)
Bristol, London or Manchester
Our client is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy working primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation.
A vacancy currently exists for a Consultant to play a key role in a range of activities including project management, bid management and client relationship management on projects. Typical projects will involve completing permit applications, site compliance reviews, desktop research and/or technical report writing. You will be involved in multiple projects at once. These may involve supporting local authorities or private clients with planning and permitting applications, undertaking site compliance reviews and feasibility studies, or developing operationally suitable site management systems and procedures for waste operations.
You will be flexible and have a strong work ethic. You will feel comfortable simultaneously delivering a number of technical projects and bids under pressure. You will be motivated, highly organised, and share the company’s commitment to delivering high quality work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
* At least three years’ experience of undertaking permitting/planning work for waste operations;
* Deep technical understanding of the waste permitting regime, including the process to be completed and experience of drafting the technical documentation to support applications for waste operations;
* Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing; and
* Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems.
* Experience working within the consultancy business model, and of working on projects to time, budget and client satisfaction;
* Experience working with site operators to review existing operations and/or procedures, including propose solutions to implementing new site developments or improve site permitting compliance;
* Strong research & data analysis and synthesising skills; and
* A demonstrable commitment to continuous learning and improvement so as to achieve high standards.
This role can be based in Bristol, Manchester or London.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (9210)
2021-06-09 18:45:44 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 18:47:16 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:00:07 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:03:42 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:23:57 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:25:04 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:41:03 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:11:14 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:27:52 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 22:03:06 on 29/07/2015