Principal Waste Management Consultant
Bristol, London or Manchester
Our client is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. The company has grown from its foundations in waste management and resource efficiency, to become a well-respected consultancy in the fields of, low carbon energy, marine planning, plastic pollution, catchment management, air pollution, circular economy, and, climate emergency and climate change mitigation.
A vacancy currently exists to lead the company’s National waste management plans and strategies service area. You will be involved in the development of conceptual designs for national- and overseas- waste management plans and strategies, and the development of national-level impact assessments (for clients such as the European Commission) to examine legal compliance with existing legislation, such as the EU Waste Directives. In addition to this, you will lead the critical review-, development-, and support- of waste management statistics for Eurostat’s waste and natural resource data centres.
You will be involved in cutting edge project delivery and the development of bids to support governments and companies in designing more effective policies and mechanisms.
You will be a leader, recognised technical expert, and an exceptional communicator. You will be comfortable handling a large and varied workload under pressure, whilst simultaneously managing a number of key client relationships. You need to be able to work as part of small teams and to have good interpersonal skills, allowing you to interface with other team members in a manner that allows your tasks to be delivered efficiently and effectively in the context of the teams.
* A recognised specialist in waste management consultancy, with at least 10 years’ experience in the sector.
* Extensive experience in the technical leadership of multi-disciplinary teams for delivery of complex projects, to high quality within time pressured constraints.
* Experience of designing and undertaking impact assessments, cost benefit analysis, and development of national waste management strategies and plans.
* Accomplished at stakeholder engagement / management.
* Excellent written communication skills, with a strong ability to communicate complex technical subjects in a concise and reductive manner for non-technical audiences.
* Thorough understanding of the methods used to estimate waste arisings, supported by market studies and modelling of future projections, and model waste management treatment facilities (including financial costs and environmental impacts).
* Effective in developing strong client relationships and proactively creating business opportunities
* A developed network of contacts and business opportunities
* Comfortable with public speaking events, and media communications
* Fluency in at least one other European language (in addition to English)
This role can be based out of the company’s offices in Bristol, London or Manchester.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (9210)
2021-06-09 18:45:44 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 18:47:16 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:00:07 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:03:42 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:23:57 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:25:04 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:41:03 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:11:14 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:27:52 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 22:03:06 on 29/07/2015