Based: Irlam, Manchester – with international travel
The Mechanical Technician will be engaged in the assembly of Brooks’ SampleStores, BioStores and related sub assemblies. There will be an even split between site work in Irlam and on site customer work installing the Automated Storage units as a support function to the Installation team.
Therefore will require a general level of mechanical engineering and understanding, to perform the functions required for the role.
* Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing work, rework and testing and troubleshooting, related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final system assemblies.
* Customer site installations focusing on the mechanical assembly of the system
* Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
* Assist in developing methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and/or diagrams to control or modify the manufacturing process.
* Performing Continuous Improvement activities to improve productivity.
* May prepare technical reports summarising findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
* May provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel, and may lead or supervise activities within a team lead function
* Take on ad-hoc functions required by the team.
Technical Skills and Experience
* HNC/ or Further education study to City and Guilds level or / Served a recognised apprenticeship.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
* Mechanical assembly of basic mechanical sub-assemblies
* Familiar with Microsoft PC based software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
* Working within a Health & Safety management system
* Working within an MRP controlled manufacturing environment.
* Working within an ISO 9001 Quality Assurance system
* Understanding of electrical systems and wiring diagrams, advantageous
* Understanding of refrigeration systems, advantageous
M44, Partington, Trafford
Offerd Salary0- £15,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Related Jobs (9210)
2021-06-09 18:45:44 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 18:47:16 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:00:07 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:03:42 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:23:57 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:25:04 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 19:41:03 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:11:14 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 20:27:52 on 29/07/2015
2021-06-09 22:03:06 on 29/07/2015